25 October 2013
ServicePower Technologies plc
("ServicePower" or the "Company")
ServicePower Field Management Platform Progresses forward
in the 2013 Gartner Field Service Magic Quadrant
ServicePower (AIM: SVR), a market leader in field management, continues to improve its position within Gartner's annual Magic Quadrant for Field Service Management. ServicePower was evaluated for completeness of vision and ability to execute.
As the field service management market continues to splinter between vendors that offer specialty capabilities and those that deliver broader field service suites, ServicePower increasingly invests on robust product innovation, adding new functionality to deliver a broad, fully mobilised platform capable of delivering the core functionality required by field service organisations. With an eye for future field service needs, ServicePower also keeps pace with the newest technological trends such as HTML5, cloud deployment, big data and M2M connectivity.
According to Gartner, "Field service applications should have the scope to achieve five objectives." These objectives range from receiving requests for and scheduling field service technicians through a completely mobile interface complete with GPS, to the ability to support many different field service models, from reactive to preventive services.
ServicePower addresses each of these core functionalities, while also providing HTML5 mobile, device-agnostic technology.
Other important elements of the platform include:
- Deployment in the cloud as dedicated or SaaS environments, or through traditional on premise license models, enables clients to drive cost savings as well as infrastructure security and redundancy standards.
- ServiceScheduling, ServicePower's flagship product, has always provided continuous, intraday optimisation as well as in-memory travel calculations, ensuring the highest utilisation determined in real-time.
- ServiceMobility, provides HTML5 flexibility and real-time field updates, as well as integration to back office data, enabling fully mobilized, end-to-end functionality to field based resources.
- Key to the platform is the ability to mix labor channels through ServiceBroker, enabling clients to utilise third-party contracted or on-demand technicians in addition to an employed workforce to achieve efficient cost and margin metrics, and address seasonality and geographical coverage gaps.
- Data secured from through the field service process can be used by ServiceStats for forecasting, workforce planning and analytics to create and maintained the most efficient and least costly workforce models.
Continued investment in future technology, through internal development, acquisitions and in-licensing of technology, enables ServicePower to release frequent platform updates. Adding functions such as social collaboration through crowd-sourced consumer ratings, and increased leverage of machine-to-machine (M2M) data and the "Internet of Things", will impact the future of field service.
Marne Martin, CEO of ServicePower, commented, "ServicePower is driving innovation and improvement in our field management platform. We continue to build out the platform to provide new functional components, while ensuring the architecture and infrastructure supports large implementations, across many verticals in a variety of locations around the globe. Our executive team is leading the way towards profitability with 2013 interim results showing a 35 percent increase in revenue year-over-year. We believe the investments we are making in the platform enhance our offering and mean we are well positioned to continue to progress through the field service Magic Quadrant over the next year."
Gartner: Magic Quadrant for Field Service Management, William McNeil et al.9 October 2013
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
For further information, please contact:
|ServicePower Technologies Plc||FinnCap||Newgate Threadneedle|
|Tel: 0161 476 7762||Tel: 0207 220 0500||Tel: 020 7653 9850|
|Marne Martin, CEO||Stuart Andrews||Caroline Evans-Jones|
|Lindsay Bury, Chairman||Charlotte Stranner||Fiona Conroy|
ServicePower is the only company that can provide a complete, global field management platform that controls all elements of the service lifecycle from offering an appointment, assigning resource and dispatching work through to tracking resources, processing claims and providing business intelligence and analytical reports. With advanced intelligence-based scheduling, dispatch and open market auction software, as well as access to a global network of 86,000 repair and installation technicians, we enable companies to control and schedule work using a mixed resource pool of employees and independent contractors. ServicePower provides solutions that cross all industries. Current customers include Assurant Solutions, Mitsubishi, Farmers Insurance, and Pitney Bowes.
ServicePower is listed on the AIM market of the London Stock Exchange with the ticker SVR.L. For more information please visit www.servicepower.com