This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the website and Service.
- In telephone call recordings, e-mail, text, and other electronic messages to us or routed through the Service, including, but not limited to, attachments, documents, and files submitted through the website and/or as part of the Service.
- Through your interactions with the Service, including, but not limited to, your creation and storage in the Service of information relating to individual job or services, price books, personnel, your business, financial and operating activities, marketing and promotional spending and results, your customers (including customer contact information), and location data and dispatch information (including GPS data).
- Through mobile and desktop applications that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Service or portions of the Service, and
- When you interact with third-party applications or integrations of third-party applications and services through the Service.
- by us offline or through any other means, including information given to us from referral partners and trade organizations, or on any other website operated by the Company or any third party; or
- by any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Service.
Global Privacy Fundamentals
Our privacy practices reflect current global principles and standards on handling personal data. We abide by the privacy laws in the countries and regions where we do business.
Where Your Personal Information is Held
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third-party agencies, service providers, representatives, and agents as described in this policy.
Some of these third parties may be based outside the European Economic Area. For more information, including on how we safeguard your personal information when this occurs, see below: “Transferring your personal information out of the EEA”.
Transferring Your Personal Information Out of the EEA
- To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal information outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), for example:
- With our offices outside the EEA;
- With your and our service providers located outside the EEA;
- If you are based outside the EEA;
- Where there is an international dimension to the services we are providing to you.
- These transfers are subject to special rules under European and UK data protection law.
- Non-EEA countries do not have the same data protection laws as the United Kingdom and EEA. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with applicable data protection laws and all personal information will be secure. Our standard practice is to use standard data protection contract clauses that have been approved by the European Commission. To obtain a copy of those clauses please contact us at privacy@ServicePower.com.
- If you would like further information, please contact us at privacy@ServicePower.com.
Our processing of your personal data is based on of the following legal basis which are described in this section.
We process your personal data in order to be able to fulfil our agreement with you as a customer, for example in order for us to provide the Service to you. If you do not provide personal information we ask for, it may delay or prevent us from providing the Service to you.
Part of our processing of personal data is based on a so-called legitimate interest/balancing of interests. This applies to our processing of personal data in order to personalize your experience when visiting ServicePower websites or filling forms or downloading content. ServicePower interest for this processing is to manage, maintain, and improve our business and offering to you.
We process your personal data where consent is the lawful basis in order to be able to communicate with you.
By using this website and our Service, you allow us to collect and use the information as described here.
From time to time, as may be required by law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by you.
Data We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as financial and business information;
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our website and usage details; and
- information about your business as input into and used by the Service, including, but not limited to, information relating to individual job or services, price books, personnel, your business, financial, and operating activities, billing information, marketing and promotional spending and results, your customers (including customer contact information), and location data and dispatch information (including GPS data).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site and use the Service. Information collected automatically may include telephone call data for incoming calls, customer data, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
The information we collect on or through our Service may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Service or that is automatically generated by the Service, including information relating to individual jobs or services, price books, personnel, your business, financial and operating activities, billing information, marketing and promotional spending and results, your customers (including customer contact information), and location data and dispatch information (including GPS data);
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses) if you contact us;
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Service for the purchase of licenses to the Service and of the fulfilment of your orders.
As you navigate through our website(s) and interact with the Service, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including, but not limited to:
- Details of your visits to the Service, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Estimate user actions and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Service according to your individual needs and interests;
- Speed up your searches and navigation; and
- Recognize you when you return to the Service.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Service may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Parts of the Service and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, logging access to certain communications and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources, or that you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that you input into the Service, that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To offer the Service and make it available to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it;
- To provide you with notices about your account;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to the Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may unsubscribe from future notices.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep such information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them (for example, to develop applications for the Service).
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of ServicePower’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal and business information held by ServicePower and in the Service is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures, but only with respect to products or services that are not subject to an “opt in” requirement. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal and business information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and we do not share any information on your end customers with them other than in aggregate and anonymized form.
- To third-party referral partners or trade organizations who have business relationships with us. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal and business information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and we do not share any information on your end customers with them other than in aggregate and anonymized form.
- To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us a phone number to deliver a text message in the dispatch function of the Service, we will transmit the contents of that text message and your information to the recipient.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ServicePower employees, contractors, customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit-risk reduction.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal and business information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to privacy@ServicePower.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, product service experience, or other transactions directly with us.
Included in the principles that we follow is your rights in relation to the personal data that we collect and use in accordance with this policy.
You have a right to request that ServicePower change, rectify, complete, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data. For processing of personal data that is based on the legal basis consent or fulfilment of agreement you also have the right to data portability.
You have a right to withdraw your consent (if our processing is based on consent) which however does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent before its withdrawal. We may continue processing your personal data based on other legal grounds, except for consent.
You have the right to request access and further information concerning the processing of your information. You have the right to obtain a copy of the personal data that we process relating to you free of charge once (1) every calendar year. For any additional copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
To exercise your rights, please see the below section “Accessing and Correcting Your Information” or if you have any questions regarding our processing of your personal data, please contact us at the following address: email@example.com. In your email, please state your full name and contact information.
How to Complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information. The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal data, you may file a complaint to the competent data protection authority. You can find out more about the local data protection authorities by clicking on the foregoing link or by sending an email to privacy@ServicePower.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to privacy@ServicePower.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal and business information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an e-mail at privacy@ServicePower.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal or business information that you have provided to us. In some instances, we cannot delete your information except by also deleting your account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Service or on or through any of its features/register on the Service, submit any attachments or materials through or to the Service, use the Service or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 13, please contact us at privacy@ServicePower.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal and business information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on third-party secure servers behind firewalls. Payment transactions are encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal and business information transmitted to the Service. Any transmission of personal and business information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.
ServicePower will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations
Changes to This Policy